Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Cataracts

my mom called me a few days ago, and she told me that she was diagnosed cataracts.
and it seems very advanced already.
happened so fast.
ive never heard her sound so weak and depressed.
she said she wanted to avoid the durgery, so i looked up some alternative treatment, macrobiotic ways.

according to ancient medical philosophy, eyes are related to liver.
so you should take care of liver as well as eyes themselves.
even if you have surgery, if you continue a diet hard on your liver, your eyes won't be fully recovered or reappear, or worse, you may go blind.

my mother is the one who raised me to eat healthy.
in fact, she teaches diet good for breastfeeding in Japan, which is very similar to macrobiotic diet. ---afterall, macrobiotic diet is based upon traditional japanese diet.
but now that she is like a helpless child, i'm the one who gives her some advice.

No comments: