Sunday, August 9, 2009

my happy happy saturdays

every saturday morning, i go to union square green market.
just looking at those beautiful, delicious produce makes me smile and happy.
---aren't these hairloom tomatoes just gorgeous?

they really stimulate my creativity.----cooking, in my case.
"what i can make out of this or that?"

coming back, straight to the kitchen, take care of all the veggies and fruits w/ TLC so that they last long and fresh. ---takes 30min to 1 hour!

then, cook for lunch : )

today's menu

1 sear-baked okra with sesame oil, ---alternative to deep fry
* eat with salt and lemon juice.

2 salad with hairloom tomato, arugula, peppermint, basil with pumpkin seeds.
*simple dressing ; 1ts olive oil, 1tbs vinegar, salt pepper and lemon juice

3 blanched red beet

4 soup with japanese turnip and celery leaf, w/dashi, soy sauce, ginger and salt

5 and sourdough bread with local grass-fed butter

delicious food makes me forget all the stress and makes me smile : )

No comments: