Thursday, March 19, 2009

After Thought ---- Thank you, flu !?

Ancient Asian medical philosophy, such as Yin Yang (Macrobiotics) or Ayurveda, say that colds/flu is a healing crisis as well as a self-cleansing process.

When your blood gets too dirty and your body system gets overloaded, your body naturally starts to cleanse itself with a help of viruses from outside.
And after colds/flu, your body is purified, and immune system is stronger.
You are a whole new person.

The best is to avoid this uncomfortable “cleansing experience” by keeping your body clean and healthy.
But if it happens, instead of “attacking” the viruses with antibiotics, it’s better to let them do their job and wait till it’s gone. --- of course, sometimes it’s not that easy…..

And of course, I don’t want this to happen again.
---I was really miserable!
And as much as I want to hate the flu that made me suffer, maybe I should “thank” or at least “appreciate” their job.

I was listening to some songs right after the flu, and I started to cry for no apparent reason.
And It felt like some suppressed emotion was released. --- I don’t know what yet, though.

Maybe I needed this experience now.
To release “toxin” on physical and emotional level.
To be a whole new person.

And when could be a better time than spring : )

No comments: