Friday, August 20, 2010

Experiment



Macrobiotic snack is always challenging.
too much nuts, seeds or dried fuirts makes me bloat.
whole wheat soughdough everyday is boring...

how about brown rice mochi?
but with what??

so i experimented.
first heat up moshi on a pan.
and tried with
1 nuts butter
2 apple butter (from farmer's market)
3 blueberry sauce (made by ME)

apple butter went well.
blueberry sauce was ok, but with combination of almond butter and the sauce was good. too.

sometimes i go with nori/soy sauce or sesame/soy sauce, too.

cook in amazake is great in cold weather.

any other ideas?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like brown rice syrup on mochi...my dad always made it in sweet adzuki bean soup in the winter- my favorite because it gets super soft.

Jin said...

yes! sweet adzuki!! "zensai", right? thank you : )

Anonymous said...

yes! it is my favorite :)